WHY TAKE CARE OF THE SKIN?
A little known fact is that the skin is largest organ of the body. Although not as crucial as the heart, lungs, and other important organs, it has a significant role in the cosmetic and aesthetic aspect of our body. Many people have unsightly skin diseases that may reduce confidence or performance in their everyday life at work or at home. It is important to consult a qualified skin specialist if your skin displays any symptoms that are indicative of a potential condition such as fungal infections, itching, peeling and more.
At Premier Clinic, our skin specialists will be able to diagnose and recommend treatment for your skin condition if you have one. Initial tests may require skin samples to be sent to our lab for testing to determine exactly what the condition is, as well as to rule out any possibility of cancer.
Doctor explain about skin diseases
TREATMENT METHODS FOR SKIN DISEASE
After the test results are back, we can then move on to recommend potential treatment methods which can include anything from taking pills to specific creams to use on your skin. Tests usually do not cause any side effects, but you may experience some when treating your particular condition. It is important to carefully follow your doctor’s advice regarding treatment such as how much to use, how often to apply, and when to stop.
Doctor talk about pigmentation treatment options
TYPES OF SKIN CONDITIONS
Common skin conditions that plague Malaysian people include:
- A few medical conditions that inflame or irritate the skin, with symptoms including itching and rashes; the affected area is scaly and dry
- Consists of patches of skin that are scaly or red plus itching; lesions may be a small patch or even cover large areas
- Depigmentation of the skin, where the body actively destroys the melanin which creates patches of lightened skin
- Also known as “zona”, shingles may be suspected if your skin is suffering from a painful rash combined with blisters, often in a stripe-like formation
- A common disease that affects many, they can appear in many shapes and form and it is advisable to seek out a skin specialist before it spreads
HERPES SIMPLEX INFECTIONS
- A variety of herpes infections exist and are easily spread by coming into contact with an infected person’s lesions or body fluids
Visit Premier Clinic to have a consultation with our aesthetic doctors to treat your skin problem today.