WHAT CAUSES ACNE & SCARS
Acne is a common skin disorder which is estimated to affect the majority of 11-30 year olds at least once in their lifetime. There are several factors which can lead to the occurrence of acne, namely the menstrual cycle, stress and anxiety, humid climates and “popping” pimples among others. It is most commonly found on the face, chest, back, neck or shoulders. Pimples develop when sebum produced by the oil glands under the skin are trapped in blocked follicles, resulting in an accrual of oil under the skin that swells when infected by bacteria.
HOW CAN IT BE TREATED?
Premier Clinic carries the Obagi skin care treatment line which can help to battle against various skin disorders including acne and acne scarring. The Obagi CLENZIderm System is a prescription strength acne treatment that penetrates deep into the follicle to treat acne from its root. It contains a patented, solubised form of benzoyl peroxide.
There are two distinct systems for you to choose from depending on your skin type – normal to oily skin or normal to dry skin. This simple 3-step Obagi acne therapy can reach and penetrate follicles to aid in the reduction of existing acne as well as preventing any future breakouts of acne on your skin.*
Normal to Dry System consists of:
- Daily Care Cream Cleanser
- A non-soap cleanser that is gentle on the skin and helps to wash off dirt and excess oil from your skin, keeping it clean and soft
- Therapeutic Lotion
- Penetrates the follicles to target acne where it starts, and helps to reduce the amount of bacteria present that can cause acne
- Therapeutic Moisturiser
- Calms, soothes and protects your skin by forming a breathable barrier for your skin, while also hydrating it to reduce moisture loss
Normal to Oily System consists of:
- Daily Care Foaming Cleanser
- Refreshes and cleanses your skin by helping to remove dirt and excess oil
- Pore Therapy
- Unclogs pores and removes dead skin cells, preparing the skin to absorb a serum that targets acne at its source
- Therapeutic Lotion
- Penetrates the follicles to target acne where it starts, and helps to reduce the number of bacteria that causes acne