You’ve decided to go for an aesthetic procedure. Now, you’re wondering if there are any do’s and don’ts before and after your procedure.
Here are some useful insights that might help you clear your doubts:
1. You will likely experience soreness and mild pain for a few days after the procedure. Get your aesthetic doctor to prescribe pain killers in case of discomfort.
2. Apply ice to the area for 10-15 minutes immediately after the treatment as this will reduce the pain and swelling. However, do not put too much pressure on it.
3. It is important to minimise movement as much as possible. Do not move around excessively. If you have just underwent a facial procedure, then you should watch your facial movement when eating and chewing, talking, yawning, smiling, etc. You might also want to avoid smoking or drinking from a straw for a period of time.
4. Avoid alcohol. This is because alcohol may increase the risk of swelling – alcohol has an adverse effect on most medications and can affect its effectiveness.
5. As it takes 12-14 days to fully recover from the procedure, it is best that you limit social meet-ups or events, although it is not an easy thing to do.
6. Do not sleep on the treated area for at least a week.
7. Avoid direct sunlight or sun-tanning for up to 21 days.
8. Avoid massages and all other aesthetic treatments for 3 weeks until you have fully recovered.This also includes visits to spas and saunas. Only after you have fully recovered, should you consider another procedure – though it’s not advisable to do it immediately after recovering. A good time to consider another procedure would perhaps be 6 months later. This, however, is dependent on your healing process. Consult your aesthetic doctor and they will advise you accordingly.
9. Do avoid high impact and contact sports such as running, kick-boxing, etc. for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
10. Lastly, you should also definitely avoid any dental treatment after the procedure.
It takes time to see the results of the treatment, which usually takes around two to three weeks. So, do be patient and wait until the end of this duration before you assessing if you are happy with the reults.
Our team at Premier Clinic will be more than happy to assist you every step of the way. Do not hesitate to contact any member of the team if you have any concerns.
5 Questions to Ask Your Aesthetic Doctor Before Your Procedure.
How Can I Tell If A Beauty Procedure is Right For Me?