Guest Writer: Manson Lim
My wife was SHOCKED when I came home with thousands of little dots on my head.
She was actually the first person who noticed my hair loss problem. She woke up one day and asked why there’s so much hair on my pillow and in the bathroom after I showered.
Rightfully so, I noticed my hairline getting thinner, and my forehead getting bigger. At 29, I thought this is the problem that I would encounter in much further future.
Obviously, I thought wrong.
So I went looking for solutions for this problem. I tried cream, changing my shampoo, hair serum, and even stopped wearing hats for quite some time, but the hair loss never seemed to stop.
That’s when I knew I had to make a drastic change.
I contacted Premier Clinic after seeing a Malaysian celebrity doing a hair transplant with Dr Foo on their Facebook page. Actually their Facebook page is quite active with many stars and celebrities going there, so my heart was already half-way there.
So I contacted them to meet Dr Foo for my hair transplant procedure.
After a 1-hour consultation, I was convinced that this would be the treatment that can solve my problem.
Yes, you heard it right. You only need 1 session for hair transplant, and then just personal maintenance to keep it growing. Unlike other procedures that require me to do EVERY month, which subsequently draws more resources out of my pocket, hair transplant is a pretty straightforward procedure.
When deciding if you should do the procedure, one thought must come to your mind – will the planted hairs 100% stay put? The answer is “NO” and you should avoid anyone who said they can guarantee 100% of the transplanted hair to grow.
Premier Clinic were being honest about their service. In reality, only 80% of the transplanted hair will stay, and the remaining 20% have the chance to fall.
This, however doesn’t mean that they cannot guarantee me from having the head full of hair. They maximise the result by their doctor’s special technique, equipped by state-of-the-art technologies.
This is the one that I like the most! When researching the methods of hair procedures in the market, most of them requires the wait of few months to see the result. But not hair transplant! After the procedure, my hair was already budding there, waiting to just continue their growth.
In the past, someone recommended me to go for SCALP transplant, which is the transplant involving the whole scalp area including the skin and hair. This procedure guarantees a better result, but it is VERY VERY risky, and not to mention painful. Imagine someone ripped off your scalp, drill off a new one, and put it there. Ouch! And the recovery period is up to 3 months.
For hair transplant, the recovering period is way shorter, within just 1-2 weeks. I got my bandages off on the 3rd day only.
Imagine you go to the hair growth spa, spending RM 10000 for 1 whole year session. At the end of the session, your hair still fall, and you continue balding. Wouldn’t it be waste of money?
Instead, I used that exact amount to get my hair transplant, and I got the result I wanted. Meaning no more sign up for unnecessary treatments in the future. No more worry about hair loss.
So, that’s it from me. I hope my personal experience doing Hair Transplant can help shed some confusions or uncertainty for you.
Thank you for reading until the end.